SJP---- Burnout and Depression

http://prompts.submissiveguide.com/412

Hi everyone! Harvest again. Today's Submissive Journal Prompt (SJP) is:

"Do you ever experience burnout? How do you handle it? Do you take measures to avoid it?"

I DO experience burnout. There are times when I can't really feel like I function properly. I have mental issues which cause me problems on top of this. I think they kind of compound the burnout in a way. Depression can become quite the problem if you don't take care of it as soon as you can. It runs in my family so I am used to the effects it can have on people.

As a teenager, I told myself if I made it to the age of 25 I would be happy. I was, at the time, very suicidal. I hated everything about my life. I felt like my friends would leave me at the drop of a hat. My boyfriends were never "really there" for me when I thought they should be (even though they actually were! I just didn't realize it at the time). I had done so many things to injure myself or try to kill myself or even just get attention. I wanted attention. Positive attention. I felt like I could never have enough. When I met my current boyfriend (and now Owner) I was 21. I didn't really have my life together and I drank a lot. I was a mess. He finally encouraged me to get help; something I advise to everyone who feels the way I did.

I hit 25 years old. It was the most magical day of my life. I felt like I was on top of the world. With new medication to regulate my moods, good friends, and a very supportive boyfriend (Owner!), I FINALLY had (HAVE!) things under control.

Finding help can be hard to do. And it can be hard to really admit you have a problem. You may not see it like everyone else. But everyone else may not even let you know you have that problem. They will play it off and pretend nothing is wrong and just talk behind your back. This is not always true.

But...

I will help you get some information on depression. You can read the articles and compare them and see if you have any of the symptoms or if you need to find a place for help. I am not a trained therapist or doctor and should not be used as one. But I can give you these links for you to continue your path with hope and encouragement to seek the help that you need and deserve.

Here is a site that talks about various treatments:
 http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/help-for-depression

WebMD (the usual doom and gloom place) has an article worth note:
http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/depresssion-support

Here is an article from the Mayo Clinic, which is a good read:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/basics/definition/con-20032977

I have not used this website before but for grief it might help:
http://www.griefshare.org/

*DAILY STRENGTH!* A website with support groups for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g (I use it, too!):
http://www.dailystrength.org/


Hopefully this will help you along your path. Don't let depression get to you! Every life is important!
-Harvest Hellion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SJP-- Love In Your Dynamic 8-27-2016

TMI Tuesdays 6-28-16

SJP-- Flowers