Elegant Gothic Lolita

So I'm into Elegant Gothic Lolita (EGL or Lolita). It's something that I have always been into. I'm not sure why it appeals to me to be honest. I like the idea that you can dress like a princess and no one will bother you about it (unless they're some kind of hateful numbnut...).

I am very much into Sweet Lolita. I love the color pink (shock) and also black (also shock). I want to wear the pretty dresses and just generally have a good time. I want to sew my things and create new things for myself all the time. There's nothing wrong with this in my opinion.

I get a lot of comments about how Lolita is about children and things. This is not true. I do not like that people are saying that about it. It's pretty dark and disturbing when you think about it. A lot of it is based off of Alice in Wonderland, which in itself is a pretty disturbing story.

This doesn't really answer the question of what Lolita is though, does it? So...

Lolita is a type of dress that originated in Japan. The name hails from the book of the same name, "Lolita." It is seen as something of the Roccocco era in time. Think Victorian if nothing else. There is a lot of lace and frills. Some Lolitas actually joke and call themselves "rufflebutts." (I've seen it)

I love this style with all my heart and soul. I just wish people could accept some of my peculiar hobbies.

-Harvest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SJP-- Love In Your Dynamic 8-27-2016

TMI Tuesdays 6-28-16

SJP-- Flowers