SJP-- Domestic Chores



How about a SJP?

Today is:

“Do you enjoy domestic chores? Which ones do you like more than others?”


I would say that yes, I enjoy domestic chores to a degree. I have a really love-hate relationship thing going with chores. I do dishes quite a bit by hand, but I really don’t like it. Something about sticking your hands in old food and things is just gross. I let it go sometimes, but I am then reminded of my little slips by my lovely Owner. I swear I’m getting better at this.

Laundry would have to be my favorite chore. It’s the easiest for me to do, but I often have to find creative ways to carry it from the hamper to the washing machine or the dryer. I have a bad back so sometimes I have to have help. I stress myself out if I put it into a large pile and try to pick it up because I don’t want to hurt my back. I really baby it sometimes. This is because I injured it a few years ago and have been in pain ever since. I like the smell of clean laundry and I like when I have a towel or blanket in the dryer for a while. I like the warmth that it provides afterwards. My Owner is very kind and occasionally helps me carry the piles of clothes about when I get too much of it at once.

Let me think… I know I do other chores like sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathroom things, etc. But those things just don’t really do much for me. I don’t feel as happy with those things. I can’t sweep or mop for long periods of time because my back starts to hurt (again). I spend a lot of my time going back and forth from the chair to where I’m sweeping or mopping.

I may not get things done in a timely fashion, but I do get them done in a pretty good manner. I can’t exactly brag on myself because I don’t do so much good. I don’t think I have a lot of faith in myself again, but I’m working on it.

UGH. I’m being a whiner, I guess.

Either way, I do a lot of chores around the house and it keeps me pretty busy. :3
 -Harvest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SJP-- Love In Your Dynamic 8-27-2016

TMI Tuesdays 6-28-16

SJP-- Flowers